1. LEGAL NOTICE
In accordance with the article 6-III-1 of the French Law n°2004-575 of June 2, 2004 for the digital economy trust, we inform you that:
- This website is the property of, and edited by, ESCP Europe Alumni, association 1901 Law recognized as being a public utility, Siret 784 492 131 00019, with is its registered office at 81, avenue de la République, 75011 Paris, France. Tel. +33(0)1 43 57 24 03 ;
- The editorial responsibility and production functions are exercised by Arnaud NOURRY, in his capacity as President of ESCP Europe Alumni;
- The technical development, maintenance and host direct and permanent storage is carried out by Netanswer, 39 rue d'Aboukir 75002 Paris France - Tél + 33 (0)1 40 28 46 16, netanswer.fr
Users of, and visitors to, the website must not establish a hypertext link toward this website without the express prior authorization of HEC Alumni.
The website operator shall not be held responsible for any access gained by users via hypertext links installed on the website toward other resources to be found on the internet.
You can choose not to receive the e-letters published by ESCP Europe Alumni referring to the "my subscriptions" on your profile or by clicking on the unsubscribe link on every e-letter.
Private life and intellectual property
Users of www.escpeuropealumni.org must comply with the French Law of January 6, 1978, modified concerning Information Technology, Databases and Personal Freedoms which violation is punishable by law.
They must refrain, as regards the personal data they access, any collecting or misuse and, generally, any act likely to infringe the privacy or reputation of these people.
www.escpeuropealumni.org falls under French legislation on copyright and intellectual property. All reproduction rights are reserved, including downloadable documents and illustrations and photographs. The general structure, as well as software, texts, images animated or not, sounds, know-how and all other components of the site are the exclusive property of the website operator. Any total or partial representation of this site by any company whatsoever without the express permission of the site operato, is prohibited and constitutes an infringement punishable by articles L. 335-2 of the Code of Intellectual Property. The same applies to the database contained on the website www.escpeuropealumni.org, which are protected by the provisions of the Act of July 1, 1998 transposing into the Code of Intellectual Property, the European Directive of March 11, 1996 on the legal protection of databases.
The trademarks of the website operator and its partners, and logos appearing on the site, are semi-figurative or not, and are registered trademarks.
Total or partial reproduction of these trademarks or these logos made from elements of the site without the express permission of the operator of the website is prohibited in accordance with the article L. 713-2 of the Code of Intellectual Property. Any reproduction must receive the express permission of the President of ESCP Europe Alumni who is also director of publication.
3. PERSONAL DATA
ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI undertakes to collect and process your personal data, which is done via the website www.escpeuropealumni.org or as part of the association’s activities, in accordance with existing regulations of the Informatique and Libertés law (Data Protection Act) and European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any information about personal data protection, you can also visit the Commission Informatique et Liberté’s (Computing and Freedom Committee) website: www.cnil.fr
Identity of the data controller:
The personal data is collected by: ESCP Europe Alumni, “Public Utility" established under the French law of associations of 1901. Siret 784 492 191 00019, which is based in 81, Avenue de la République, 75011 Paris, France, Tel +33(0)1 43 57 24 03;
Purpose – exploitation of your data:
The data collected is necessary to your membership and for the proper management of the activities undertaken by ESCP Europe Alumni, as part of its activity established as “public utility”, according to the following purposes:
- Registering and updating individual information and date necessary to the administrative management of members of the association and donors, especially the management of membership fees, in accordance with the provisions regulating the interested community;
- Establishing, to answer management needs, statistical reports or members and contact lists, especially in order to address bulletins, convocations, invitations or journals in accordance with the purpose of the association;
- Establishing an ESCP EUROPE alumni and on-going-scholarship students’ directory;
- Publishing and sending of the association’s magazine;
- Undertaking, by any means of communications, operations relative to prospective actions addressed to members, donors and prospects;
- Undertaking communication actions conjoint with the association’s partners, including ESCP EUROPE and the ESCP EUROPE FOUNDATION;
- Data processing concerning logging data to the www.escpeuropealumni.org website, for statistic purposes only.
Types of collected data:
ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI only collects data that is strictly necessary to the needs of its associative purpose. The nature of the personal data collected can be as follows:
- Identification number,
- Civil status last name, first name, date and place of birth,
- Marital status,
- Personal contact details (address, e-mail, telephone number…),
- Professional contact details (function, company, mandate, etc.),
- Curriculum vitae (education, professional experience, leisure),
- Awards & honors,
- Information relative to the administrative management of the association (especially bank details),
- Logging data (date, hour, Visitor’s IP Address, page viewed).
The mandatory or optional nature of the personal data when it is requested, is notified to you by an asterisk. Some of the data is automatically collected as a result of your actions on the website.
The personal data collected in the ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI’s base can come from two different sources:
- Information you provide yourself:
- Via the personal interface of each student or alumni on the website www.escpeuropealumni.org;
- Via the update form attached to the “call for contributions’” and “invitation the General Assembly” mails;
- Indirect collect of information via other persons:
- Public professional information collected by our partner NOMINATION;
- Telephone or e-mail reminders by our subcontractors;
- Data from professional sites such as LinkedIn
- Informations collected by ESCP EUROPE during your scholarship
- Information collected by FONDATION ESCP EUROPE
Considered transfer of personal data towards a non-member state of the European Union:
As of today, ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI doesn’t transfer, nor consider transferring any of your personal data to a non-member state of the European Union.
Storage duration of processed personal data’s categories:
The personal data collected by ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI are transmitted and stored under secured protocols. We do not retain your data beyond the time strictly necessary to the accomplishment of the purposes related to the statutory purpose of the association in order to create and manage relationship between ESCP EUROPE alumni, and to use these relationships in the professional domain (directory and magazine edition, communications relative to ESCP EUROPE and its network).
The recipients of the data collected by ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI are as follows: employees of the association as part of their duties; Class, professional, international, regional and sociocultural groups delegates, etc.; Association’s subcontractors; Partners of the association such as ESCP EUROPE, ESCP EUROPE Foundation or WATs4U.
Protection of your data:
ESCP EUROPE ALUMNI and its technical service provider protects the security of your personal data.
The escpeuropealumni.org website uses SSL technology (Secure Sockets Layer Software) which encrypts the information you type before they are sent to us.
We do maintain internal electronic and organisational security measures as part of the collection, conservation and communication of alumni’s personal data.
About your rights regarding the Informatique et Libertés Law:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978 and the RGPD, you have a right to access, rectify, erase, limit processing, portability and define the fate of your data after your death in respect of all data concerning you.
If you wish to exercise this right and obtain information about yourself, please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address, 81, avenue de la Republique, 75011 Paris, France.
In accordance with the regulations in force, you must prove your identity by signing your application and enclosing a copy of an identity document bearing your signature. You will also specify the address to which we must reply. A reply will be sent to you as soon as possible and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
What happens of your personal data after your death:
The new article 40-1 in the Informatique et Libertés Law allows individuals to provide guidance relatively to the storage, deletion and communication of their data after their death.
You can acquaint yourself with the procedure regarding to these directives by following this link: « https://www.cnil.fr/fr/ce-que-change-la-loi-pour-une-republique-numerique-pour-la-protection-des-donneespersonnelles#mortnumerique »
When you visit the website www.escpeuropealumni.org, you are informed of the fact that a cookie can install itself automatically on your browser. Cookies are small files stored on your computer. As such, they are blocks of data which doesn’t allow to identify its users but which is used to register information relative to users’ browsing. On the one hand, cookies are used to ease your navigation on the website and, on the other hand, in a statistical purpose.
In order to better understand visits on the website we undertake the monitoring of (mainly) the number of pages viewed, number of visitors, number of visits as well as the visitors’ activity on our website and the frequency at which they come back.
The settings of the internet browser allow the users to be informed of the presence of cookies and about the possibility to refuse them, as it is described on the following link: " http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/ ".
You have right to consult, and if necessary, to rectify or oppose your personal data broadcasted via cookies under the conditions mentioned above.